Helps to flush my system and ease aches and pains. If you have a cough, also see the recipe for the cough mixture. This recipe makes 1 litre or 1 cup. See the adjustments in the ingredients list.
- 1 decent knob of fresh ginger cut up into slices – should fit in your hand.
- Honey – 2 – 3 good tablespoons full.
- 1 Shoot of Lemongrass – cut up lengthwise so you have long, thin pieces.
- 1 Small hand full of mint leaves.
- 5 – 6 fresh slices of ginger.
- 1 Fat tablespoon of honey.
- Some slithers of lemongrass.
- Some mint leaves.
- Add the ingredients to a jug/cup.
- Poor boiling water over it and allow it to stand at least 10minutes.
- For the jug, don’t strain the tea and feel free to put it in the fridge and heat up a cup at a time.
- For the cup, drink as soon as it’s finished brewing.
Low carb adjustment
If you can’t take the honey, leave it out of the recipe. It has been added for its anti-bacterial properties, not its taste.